The Fabric of Space & Time
RadiantGrid is a proven and incredibly fast media transforming technology, simplifying workflows and generating trusted results with minimal configuration. Drop in the file and let RadiantGrid do the rest.
RadiantGrid is integrated with best-of-breed technologies that allow inline processing for functions such as Standards Conversion, Loudness Correction, Video Legalization, Image Optimization and Retiming, all as part of a single process/render.
The metadata-driven engine inside RadiantGrid will automatically detect container, CODEC, audio, caption, and ancillary data stream information, and parse it into uniform mezzanine files that can be accessed and repurposed as many times as needed, without having to go back to the original source file. Once the file is ingested, users have many options that can include:
- Change CODEC/Container
- Insert New Audio Tracks or Reorder Audio Tracks
- Insert New Caption Data (SAMI, DXFP, SCC, HCC Caption XML)
- Legalize Video (DPP legalization)
- Change Frame Rate (add/remove telecine, motion compensated)
- Resolution Scale
- Alter Runtime ±20%
- Legalize Audio
- Expert denoise
Workflow and Budgetary Simplicity
While finding a powerful, enterprise-grade transcoding platform is easy, finding one that doesn’t break the budget is not. Cinnafilm is offering a well-equipped RadiantGrid package at the unheard of price of $7,000* without sacrificing the features that made RadiantGrid a multi-award-winning media transformation platform. Of course, users can option RadiantGrid to match the functionality needs of their workflows with award-winning technologies like Tachyon, Linear Acoustic, Dolby, Wormhole, and more, but the base configuration of RadiantGrid will provide significant media transformation capabilities.
Flexibility and Power
Many enterprise solutions are based on the creation of graphical workflows filled with boxes and connectors. While flexible, this approach also provides many chances for error; a forgotten audio map, an incorrect resolution entry, a missing video converter and the workflow fails. RadiantGrid achieves the same flexibility with significantly less risk because its templates rely on automated, intelligent data gathering, not the skill level of the technician.
Typically, when you stack a workflow with many inline processes, the performance tends to slow dramatically. RadiantGrid is different because it leverages the power of the always-increasing processor core designs, allowing users to assign cores as necessary, maintaining your specific performance requirements.
With multicore CPU, memory and storage costs falling every year, Cinnafilm does not believe in asking our customers to buy the hardware from us. Instead, Cinnafilm provides you with the minimum specifications and then let you decide how fast you want to render (based on how far you exceed the minimum specification). Although the following is not a minimum spec, it provides a good example of how to achieve faster than real-time performance for each of RadiantGrid’s 4 simultaneous encodes (HD, MXF XDCAM50):
- 1 Intel Xeon E52690 V4
- 48 Gig RAM (DDR42133, ECC, Single Rank)
- SSD with at least 330 Megabytes of simultaneous read/write throughput
- Windows 64 bit (Server 2008/2012 R2Enterprise)
What Do You Get for $7,000?
- 4 Simultaneous Encodes (we call them Transcoding Workers. Additional Workers can be purchased)
- 2 Output CODECs
- Choice of one of the following: DV/DVC Pro, MPEG2, J2K, HEVC, DNxHD/HR, GXF,or H.264/AVC
- Intelligent Transcoding with TrueGrid™ and Transwrapping
- TrueGrid allows users to split files into segments and transcode those segments simultaneously, to achieve extremely fast transcoding times
- Transwrapping allows containers to be swapped out without re-encoding the file (limited CODEC support for Transwrapping)
- Closed Caption and ancillary data processing
- Audio Processing and Channel Mapping
- DPP Video Legalizer
- Full API for integration into any MAM
- Service Oriented Platform Architecture (FIMS, BXF, REST)
- Additional Output CODECs
- Additional 4-Pack of Transcoding Workers
- Tachyon Plugin
- Dark Energy Plugin
- Wormhole Plugin
- Linear Acoustic Audio Legalizer Plugin
- Dolby E Plugin (Encode and Decode)
- Dolby Digital Plus Plugin (Encode and Decode)
- RadiantManager for Render Farms
“What makes RadiantGrid unique is that we no longer have to create our workflows based on the type of source files we are using. We create our workflows based on what we want to output. The elimination of having to pre-define the format, frame, field, audio and ancillary data parameters of the source content has forever changed the way we will transcode media.”
Media Asset Management
Joyce Meyer Ministries